Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Letter from a happy customer: "The Post Office saved Christmas."



Today, Postmarks found this wonderful letter in our inbox and had to share it with you right away.

Liz Isbell, a customer here in Birmingham, wrote to express her gratitude for the service she received from the Woodlawn Branch and from the Birmingham mail processing facility:

Subject: The Post Office saved Christmas
I want to send accolades and kudos to the Woodlawn, AL branch and the Downtown Postal sort center. I placed an order online which was a gift for Christmas. It was getting closer and closer to Christmas, and I did not receive the package. I went online to track the package and noticed that I used the wrong zip code.


I tracked the package online and discovered that it was at the Woodlawn location.  I called the Woodlawn branch and spoke with Bob, who was very helpful.  He tracked the package and told me that it was not at that location yet and to call back the next day.  


I called the next day and spoke with a lady, (unfortunately, I did not get her name), who was also very helpful.  She checked the status and told me that it should be at the Downtown Birmingham sort center the next day and gave me the phone number for that location.


The next day, December 23rd, I called and spoke with Charles Bishop.  Mr. Bishop listened as I explained the error I made with using the wrong zip code, and he graciously tried to locate the package, but it was not received at that location.  Mr. Bishop told me to call back the next day, which is Christmas Eve.


At this point I felt it was useless to think it was possible to actually get the package in time. Reluctantly, I called Mr. Bishop the next morning, and he told me that they were still sorting the mail and told me to call back after 10 o'clock.  Now it was my very last attempt at what I feel is a hopeless situation.


At 10:15 am on Christmas Eve, I called Mr. Bishop.  As soon as I told him my name, he said, "I have it!" with a tone of confidence.


I was flooded with joy and made arrangements to pick up the package.  Without the help and conscious effort of each person I spoke to, this would not have happened.  This is my Christmas miracle.


Many thanks to the people of the USPS!