Friday, August 26, 2011

Fun ways to increase revenue: Q.T. Pie uses Cardstore.com

Last month, we began this series on using the mail in inexpensive ways to increase revenue. We reviewed our experience with Cardstore.com, concluding that while there were some minor glitches, it was overall a very positive experience.

Generous with her time and energy as always, Montgomery Secretary Ziann Goree read that post and decided that she wanted to add her own two cents. Many of you already know Ziann as The Balloon Lady. She has fashioned lots of ornate balloon sculptures for Postal events and has taught many of us how to get started.

Ziann's alter-ego is Q.T. Pie, a clown who visits nursing homes, children's hospitals, and other charitable events and places where folks need cheering.

About her use of Cardstore.com and Stamps.com, Ziann wrote, "I always use Cardstore and PhotoStamps with my clowning. I have stamps with "Q. T. Pie" on them that I send to friends in nursing homes when I send thank you letters or birthday cards. At Cardstore, I have a few with different pictures of my balloon students and "Q. T. Pie" to brighten people's days. The cards and stamps are very professional. I have recommended them to my family and friends. When my mother passed, I put her picture on a stamp to send with my thank you cards."

She sent us some lovely examples:


Ziann on the front of her card holding one of her magnificent creations

 
Inside Ziann's card


Close-up of the inside


Ziann's philatelic collectible

Thanks, Ziann, for sharing those with us and for being such bastion of support. Just like always, you're making people smile. This blog belongs to all of you, and it takes participation and response from everyone to keep it going.

Postmarks imagines also that in regard to promoting herself, something like this would be much more effective than handing out business cards. Who could ever forget getting a card from Q.T. Pie stamped with Q.T. Pie? She won't let you!

To read another great post on this topic, visit the blog Save the Post Office by clicking here.